Monday, August 24, 2026

A Map of Some Landscapes


I recently added a Map of Blog Posts to this site, replacing the earlier ones which were were restricted in what they could show. You can see the link above if you're reading this on the web version, or just click here. The map allows you to zoom in and out and alight on a pin to see the title of the post, along with date, location, labels and a link that will take you to it. It's interesting to see the distribution of what I have written about over the years - mostly Europe, America and the Far East, very little in Africa... I should try to fill some of those blanks on the map! There is a search function that covers the information on each pin. In the example below I've entered "mountain" and, because each post relating to mountains has a 'mountains' label, these all show up - lots in China and the Alps. You can also enter the names of people where I have labels for them, e.g. Turner. One caveat with all this is that each blog post can only have one location. In my last post for example I went for Isla Perejil, but might have opted for Gozo or Dakhla. And some of my posts, on imaginary landscapes, have no location at all. 


No comments: